Three Budgies Talking

Three Budgies Talking

WOW - I still LOVE this one!

WOW - I still LOVE this one!
Large - 18 x 24 inch watercolor

Lillies

Lillies
5 x 7 - I think I'm in love with orange!

GardenFlowers

GardenFlowers
5 x 7 - SOLD

Climbing Roses

Climbing Roses
5 x 7 - SOLD

Crocuses

Crocuses
5 x 7 , We're crocuses, not irises

Colorful PomPoms

Colorful PomPoms
5 x 7 Watercolor

I LoVE these colors!

I LoVE these colors!
9 x 14 (I think) Watercolor

A little charcoal branch study

A little charcoal branch study
11 x 14 , colored paper, black and white charcoal

Friday, April 4, 2008

ADDING NOSTALGIA TO MY WORK





I didn't make it to the sewing machine last night, but I did however, unearth a small book that I ordered some months back, with beautiful pictures and embroidery techniques.

The book has instruction in both thread and ribbon embellishing, and I thought I'd share.

The pictures are beautiful and it's a smaller book that's easy to slip into my purse/knap sack/magicMaryPoppinsBag. I believe I got this from Amazon.com so while it was a used book it was in near perfect condition. And I like the idea that somebody before me owned it and has now passed it on.

Anyway - here is the book and a couple of pages that I thought were good to share. I just think that adding little bits of interest adds so much to the value of your work and the history of your life - sort of like "can I produce something that will touch someone for years?" ... or last a lifetime?


K

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am new to blogging so forgive me for my mistakes. Your work is great! do you display your work in your home? I like them all. May be some day I will get motivated. I am supposed to start quilting on a quilt my girlfriend made for me. Do you do any quilting? bye for now Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky ~ Yes, I've done some, and I mean only "some" quilting. And that was mostly with some older women in my church years ago. But I loved the process of doing it and how a million tiny stitches made up a really cool pattern and held all the pieces together. I just like the whole idea of it. What I want to do is something a little bit different, probably because I don't think I'm capable of doing the traditional patterns, but when I start, I've got an idea in my head that I want to go with and get it all the way to completion even though it might change in my mind several different times as I'm working. I don't know, maybe that doesn't may any sense, but it's nice to go with what you 'think' might work. So now I'll quilt but probably in small areas and see how that goes, but I'm posting all my work just so that i can get comments and discussion. So check in often and tell me what you think! Thanks for stopping by. Eventually I'll have some pieces in my etsy shop.

Kate