Three Budgies Talking

Three Budgies Talking

WOW - I still LOVE this one!

WOW - I still LOVE this one!
Large - 18 x 24 inch watercolor

Lillies

Lillies
5 x 7 - I think I'm in love with orange!

GardenFlowers

GardenFlowers
5 x 7 - SOLD

Climbing Roses

Climbing Roses
5 x 7 - SOLD

Crocuses

Crocuses
5 x 7 , We're crocuses, not irises

Colorful PomPoms

Colorful PomPoms
5 x 7 Watercolor

I LoVE these colors!

I LoVE these colors!
9 x 14 (I think) Watercolor

A little charcoal branch study

A little charcoal branch study
11 x 14 , colored paper, black and white charcoal

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yesterday's Effort



So this is what I did yesterday (well into the night). I thought I'd be able to do more but what I've found is this - the same hesitancy I feel with a blank piece of paper (or blank screen) that is screamin' "type something" "think of something" "PRODUCE SOMMMMMEEEETHING", well it happens just as much and just as loudly when I was looking at a blank piece of muslin. I could NOT figure out what to start with first.

This is probably an insane reference, but you know how dogs circle around and around and around some more before they feel like they're in a comfortable spot to lay in? Yeah......well, I've noticed that THAT is just how it is for me. I have to have just the right amount of chaos around me, just enough tidy cluttery piles of fabric, paint, thread, wood, whatever I'm into that week, and after I clutter myself - sadly like a little pig pen.....well then I'm just happy in my slop (evidently) that I can work to my little hearts content. I didn't even mind that I had to get up and iron (yes Mom, I ironed the seams) the little seams every couple of minutes. Now THAT is amazing.

So today, I'll try to do another piece or at least make a significant amount of progress on something else and see what I come up with. I've got a ton of pieces in progress that I haven't even shown you yet either. That will come as we go.

And in the meantime, here are a couple of really cool websites to check out. And I'm only going to put on here what I love!

http://emmyschoonbeek.blogspot.com/ I LOVE her textures and colors!

And I really want to do something like the Gee's Bend quilts - they look simple but I'm thinking it takes some work to have it turn out as great as these: This is a public broadcasting link but there's some great information and the other website took their pictures down, I think to re work the display. In any case this will give you an idea of what these women have done over the years. Look up Gee's Bend quilts, or Gee's Bend quilters to get more information.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/july-dec03/quilts_07-01.html

Kate

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like this little piece. Keep up the playing. Great things will happen.