Three Budgies Talking

Three Budgies Talking

WOW - I still LOVE this one!

WOW - I still LOVE this one!
Large - 18 x 24 inch watercolor

Lillies

Lillies
5 x 7 - I think I'm in love with orange!

GardenFlowers

GardenFlowers
5 x 7 - SOLD

Climbing Roses

Climbing Roses
5 x 7 - SOLD

Crocuses

Crocuses
5 x 7 , We're crocuses, not irises

Colorful PomPoms

Colorful PomPoms
5 x 7 Watercolor

I LoVE these colors!

I LoVE these colors!
9 x 14 (I think) Watercolor

A little charcoal branch study

A little charcoal branch study
11 x 14 , colored paper, black and white charcoal

Monday, March 31, 2008

ONE PIECE A DAY? THAT'S WHAT I SAID?


Sunday was a busy, busy day. I barely got this little piece put together. It's about 12x15 inches. And if you ask me about dimensions and why that size, I'm not going to have an answer because I don't know. It just looked about right and it didn't loom HUGE to me. I want to get over that scary "Oh my god, it's a huge blank thing that I need to fill."


So... I think that the flowers shouldn't be so close in height and I am not sure what I'm going to do with that......perhaps embroidering stamen or something, or a little spray of seed pods ....something that will draw the eye away..... I've been warned by a friend of mine not to overwork the stitchery and put too much fuss into it.......we'll see.


I'm gathering quite the little pile of things that I will eventually need to put together or finish them as complete things by themselves. That will be my next thing to figure out ... mostly because I don't think any of them go together with the next thing. Grrr..... it's kind of like something an old boss told me some 20+ years ago - "... have you ever noticed that you can't... cannot, do the same thing, the same way twice? Why is that? It's impossible for you to send this form letter out without changing SOMETHING.....?"

Personally, I think it's a gift.


Kate

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

I love it and it doesn't bother me that they are similar in height....and maybe the similarity is the magic. Yesterday's effort is also charming. Beautiful colours!